[smartmontools-support] smartd crashes frequently on macOS 13 Ventura

桃源老師 xanadu6291 at dream.jp
Wed Nov 16 04:34:22 CET 2022

I feel that the cause of the crash is that I used a locally built binary.
After replacing with the official binary, it does not crash even after 16 hours. I'm going to keep watching this for a while.

This is a digression.
When I compared the official binary and the locally built binary, it was different from the file size. The official is 32bit/64bit fat binary, but even considering that, the file size of the locally built binary is abnormal.
Also, the configure option information included in the version information was different.
Another interesting thing is that the official accepts killall -HUP, but the local build does not.

Best Regards,
Kimio Miyamura