[smartmontools-support] Smartmontools on POH description

Franc Zabkar fzabkar at internode.on.net
Tue Mar 1 20:58:27 CET 2022

Those numbers are misleading.

The lower 32 bits represent the power-on time in hours.

The upper 24 bits (bits 32 - 55) represent the next partial hour in
milliseconds.

00 44 E4 00 00 00 B3
  msec       hours

0xB3 = 179 hours
0x44E4 = 17636 milliseconds

The same relationship applies to the Head Flying Hours attribute.

-Franc Zabkar