[smartmontools-support] How to get status of currently running test/reaonsfor tests not being logged

Yetoo Happy yetoohappy at gmail.com
Fri Jul 23 02:11:54 CEST 2021

It seems I Interrupted (host reset) when trying to do short and long tests
captive or not or so it seems. I try to do an extended offline test again,
but there is not log entry displaying how much is remaining. I want to see
if an offline test I issue sudo smartctl -t offline /dev/sda, but once
again there is no new log entry. The place where I am looking is the START
OF READ SMART DATA SECTION using sudo smartctl -l selftest /dev/sda. The
version of smartctl I am using is 7.2 2020-12-30 r5155. I'm using and
testing the binary shipped with clonezilla alternatives
clonezilla-live-20210609-hirsute-amd64.