[smartmontools-support] Captcha not displaying

Gabriele Pohl gp at dipohl.de
Mon Feb 11 14:04:39 CET 2019

Hi moko138,

On Sun, 10 Feb 2019 10:57:14 +0000 (UTC)
Ulturec France via Smartmontools-support wrote:

> When trying to subscribe to smartmontools.org, your captcha never displays.
>
> Of course, in my browser, I unblocked the javascripts for martmontools.org and - with _no_ pleasure - for google.com.
> Yet, I constantly get (on many days) :
> "Sorry, a problem occurred
> Try and refresh the page"
> and :
> "Warning: reCAPTCHA incorrect. Please try again."

I see, that in my noscript settings "gstatic.com"
also needs allowance.. I choose "Default" privilege for
the google servers and with this it works.

Please try again with this additional unblock setup.

I agree that a captcha function hosted on our server
would be better. I therefore forwarded your mail
to the developer mailing list and will come back
to you on this list (smartmontools-support)
when we find an alternative tool to replace Google reCAPTCHA.

Concrete proposals are welcome. In case send them
per PM to my mail address.

fyi & thanks for reporting the issue!

Gabriele