[smartmontools-support] smartctl fails to read SMART data from one HDD in multi bay USBtoSATA enclosure

Menion menion at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 10:06:15 CET 2018

Looking more carefully to the log it seems that the USB bridge mix up
the answer to the sda which is the HDD in the first (used) slot
If you look at the firmware version for instance, it reports the USB
bridge firmware version rather than the HDD firmware version
Other fields are also strange, including the ATA version.
Is there anything I can do to check this? Maybe some hint to where
start in the code
Bye