[smartmontools-support] CCISS Windows Support

Andreas Schnederle-Wagner - Futureweb.at schnederle at futureweb.at
Wed Apr 11 09:57:52 CEST 2018

Christian Franke:
> Unfortunately there is no change since this ~10 year old mail on old support ML:
> https://sourceforge.net/p/smartmontools/mailman/message/19671959/
> This would at least require documentation (or sample sourcecode) for pass-through functionality (if any) in CCISS Windows driver and access to a test machine.
> Does a vendor specific Windows tool exist which could access SMART data?
> If not, there is possibly no pass-through support in this driver.

Hey Christian,

unfortunately I'm not aware of a single Tool which is capable to show SMART Data on HPE Smart Array Controllers! :-/
Asked in HPE Boards --> https://community.hpe.com/t5/ProLiant-Servers-ML-DL-SL/HPE-Windows-Raid-Controller-Drivers-not-exposing-S-M-A-R-T/td-p/7002049 <-- But I don't really expect any helpful answer on that ...
It's really a pitty - as it seems there is no way to Monitor our local SSDs! :-/

Nevertheless - thx for this great Tool, bye from Austria
Andreas