[smartmontools-support] CCISS Windows Support

Christian Franke Christian.Franke at t-online.de
Wed Apr 11 07:25:51 CEST 2018

Andreas Schnederle-Wagner:
> Hey there,
> just wanted to ask if there will be CCISS (HPE RAID) support for Smart Tools - WINDOWS - in the Future?

Unfortunately there is no change since this ~10 year old mail on old
support ML:
https://sourceforge.net/p/smartmontools/mailman/message/19671959/

This would at least require documentation (or sample sourcecode) for
pass-through functionality (if any) in CCISS Windows driver and access
to a test machine.

> Would need to access SSD WEAR LEVEL  data ... on my Linux Servers I already use smartctl successfully ... but unfortunately it's not working on our Windows Servers ...

Does a vendor specific Windows tool exist which could access SMART data?
If not, there is possibly no pass-through support in this driver.

Thanks,
Christian