[FoME] Seeking a Social Media Associate!

stephen kovats kovats at openculture.agency
Sa Sep 4 13:38:24 CEST 2021

Liebe FoME community!

Um uns in unserer Projektarbeit - u.a. #defyhatenow
<tg://search_hashtag?hashtag=defyhatenow> in Kamerun und Ost-Afrika,
#MigrantMediaNetwork <tg://search_hashtag?hashtag=MigrantMediaNetwork>
in West-Afrika sowie #ASKnet <tg://search_hashtag?hashtag=ASKnet> im
Südsudan und Uganda - zu unterstützen, suchen wir eine 'Social Media
Associate'. Wir freuen uns auf Anfragen aus dem FoME Netzwerk!

beste Grüße,

Stephen Kovats

The r0g_ agency for open culture and critical transformation gGmbH is
looking for an experienced, passionate, and creative Social Media
Associate, for a part-time (20 hours/week) freelance position

You will be responsible for creating and collating original text and
video content, managing posts, and responding to followers. You will
help curate and cultivate our organization's online image and projects
in a dynamic, cohesive way in order to achieve strategic goals,
including increasing engagement, followers, and social impact.

As Social Media Associate for a nonprofit, an interest in (or excitement
about learning about) international affairs, migration and peace
efforts, and/or social and tech activism is essential. Additionally, you
are up-to-date with the latest digital technologies, social media
trends, and analytics. You have excellent communication skills, possess
native-level English skills, and thrive in situations that call for a
mix of creativity and precision.

Responsibilities

  *

    Working under the Communications Manager, you will help design and
    implement a social media strategy across our diverse projects.

  *

    You will generate, edit, publish, and share engaging content
    (including original text, photos, video, etc.) using social media
    tools available.

  *

    Collaborate with our teams in both Berlin and abroad, you will help
    mentor and build up our and our projects social media presence and
    impact and support project partners in gaining social media skills
    and increasing their impact.

  *

    You will monitor social media for current events and work related to
    our activities, in order to highlight and promote our and our
    partner’s work.

  *

    Daily tasks will include communicating with followers, responding to
    queries in a timely manner, and monitoring community reviews.

  *

    You will stay up-to-date with current technologies and trends on
    social media, design tools, and applications, and will implement
    these as needed.

  *

    Using tools such as Google Analytics and FB Insights, you will
    monitor, track, analyse, and report on performance across social
    media platforms.

Requirements

  *

    Fluent in English (C2 level), with a strong command of German (B2 or
    C1). French, Arabic, and other languages are also a plus.

  *

    Experience in social media management

  *

    Experience in content management

  *

    Excellent copywriting skills in English and ideally, German

  *

    Ability to deliver creative content (text, image and video)

  *

    Analytical and multitasking skills

  *

    Critical thinking skills, with an ability to learn about and
    incorporate knowledge about other cultural norms into online content.

What do we offer?

  *

    You will be joining an international, dedicated and lively team,
    based in Berlin, Germany with team and partner nodes primarily in
    Africa.

  *

    We offer a flexible work environment and a great office space in
    Berlin.

  *

    You will be given the opportunity to develop new threads,
    connections and projects.

  *

    As a freelancer, we have a project-based pay structure, commensurate
    with experience and abilities.

Female candidates, BIPOC, and LGBTQ+ are strongly encouraged to apply.

If interested, please send a short email to the email address below and
include the following information: a cover letter, CV, and, if
available, a link to your Instagram, Twitter or other social media
accounts that showcases your social media style.

info at openculture.agency

https://openculture.agency/

r0g_agency for open culture and critical transformation gGmbH

Knobelsdorffstr. 22
14059 Berlin

+49 170 5887806
openculture.agency
tweet @intertwilight

#DefyHateNow / #DoDevDif / #peacehackcamp / #OSJUBA / #ASKotec / #Tech4Life

'We choose to do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard"
JFK, Rice University, 1961