[FoME] Publication: Audience Research for local radio stations in francophone Africa

Petra Stammen Petra.Stammen at CAMECO.ORG
Mi Mai 13 17:57:32 CEST 2015

CAMECO Practice Series 03

La radio écoute ses auditeurs. Guide de l'étude d'auditoire pour les
radios locales en Afrique by Fernand Nouwligbeto and Sahadou Zato Ali
Illustrations by Hector Sonon CAMECO Practice Series 03, April 2015, 248
pages.

Free download from CAMECO website:
http://www.cameco.org/english/publications/cameco-practice-series/

This publication is a guide to audience research for community and
local radio stations in francophone Africa.

In the style of an "educational novel", the story is told of a
fictional radio station becoming aware of the necessity to embark on
audience research. The reader follows the team of Etoile FM, discovering
the need to carry out audience research to find ways to improve
sustainability of the station. Methods and tools for conducting audience
research, including qualitative and quantitative approaches, are
described step by step, such as focus group discussions, community
interviews, design of questionnaires, etc.

The story is accompanied by tips and summary sheets on the various
methods and tools, with the intention of enabling readers to carry out
their own audience research.
Publication of the book is only a first step for CAMECO. We look
forward to receiving feedback from you, and we aim to collect additional
material, such as reports of audience surveys, illustrating the
experiences of our partners when implementing audience research. These
resources will be made available on the CAMECO website.

Petra Stammen
Africa Desk
CAMECO
P.O. Box 10 21 04