[FoME] invitation, summer reception

Klaas Glenewinkel klaas at mict-international.org
Do Jun 21 17:06:12 CEST 2012

MICT Summer Reception, 13 July 2012 (6 p.m.)

We cordially invite you to celebrate the launch of our newest projects
with special guests and couscous.

Featuring a reading by the Syrian Pop-Poet FARES ALBAHRA and a
showcase by BADIAA BOUHRIZI, the wonderful singer/songwriter from
Tunis.

-------------------------
When & Where: Friday, 13 July 2012 from 6 p.m. onwards  at MICT,
Brunnenstrasse 9, 10119 Berlin
Registration: Carmen Klatt,klatt at mict-international.org

-------------------------
Some of our current activities:

-> correspondents.org - a magazine by local reporters from TUNISIA,
LIBYA and EGYPT.
Starting in July, the website will publish first-hand accounts from
journalists on the ground, from inside and across the three Arab
Spring countries.

-> theniles.org brings together journalists from SUDAN and SOUTH
SUDAN, which separated just one year ago. A special print edition of
/The Niles/  will be released on the anniversary. We'll also present
our latest music production, a cover of the emperor of Sudanese
music--the late Mohamed Wardi-- by keyboard king Alrubo from the Nuba
Mountains. In addition, the latest MICT study on the state of the
Sudanese press after separation will be presented!

-> afghanistan-today.org now joins journalists from AFGHANISTAN,
TAJIKISTAN and PAKISTAN in investigating stories on border issues!

-> mediaacademy-iraq.org in Erbil just turned one, and published a
reader on Iraqi oil issues. Within its first year of existence the
academy conducted 60 courses in 16 cities with 600 participants. Happy
Birthday!

Media in Cooperation and Transition (MICT) is a Berlin-based,
non-profit organisation with offices in Tripoli, Erbil, Tunis, Cairo
and Juba. The projects are funded by the German Foreign Office.

--

media in cooperation &  transition

Klaas Glenewinkel, Managing Director

klaas at mict-international.org
mobile ++49 151 504 234 55

->  mict gGmbH, brunnenstrasse 9 / 10119 berlin / germany
phone ++49 30 484 9302 16 / fax ++49 30 690 88 390

www.mict-international.org