MAC OS X support for arbtt

Waldir Pimenta waldir at email.com
Thu Mar 31 00:39:16 CEST 2016

Hi Vincent! What a great timing! My work laptop is a Mac and I've been
sorely missing arbtt since I started using it. Your instructions worked
great, thanks for the detail! I'll give you feedback on my experience,
hoping it can be useful.

I use Homebrew, and already had cabal-install, pkg-config and pcre
installed through it. One curious detail, which I'm not sure is relevant,
is that the first time I ran cabal install --only-dependencies it only
configured/built/installed pcre, but told me I should update cabal; after
running cabal update, I tried running cabal install --only-dependencies
again, and this time it installed a bunch of other packages: fail, tagged,
semigroups and aeson. I wonder if this means something.

Afterwards, cabal build worked, although there were quite a few deprecation
warnings. Installation worked seamlessly. However, there's no
~/Library/Haskell directory on my machine. The arbtt binaries were placed
in ~/.cabal/bin/. I wonder if this is a difference between Homebrew and
MacPorts...

Other than that, it seems to be working perfectly. Amazing work! Let me
know if i can assist in anyway in getting this ready to merge upstream :)

--Waldir