[smartmontools-support] Shouldn't it be a super normal setup to let smartmontool automatically kick out a disk from a mdadm-raid?

Claudio Kuenzler ck at claudiokuenzler.com
Fri Nov 24 09:22:58 CET 2023

Hej :-)

Of course I can myself do some scripting that let smartd kick out disks,
> but still... why can't I found example of this -- and why isn't it
> considered as a part of setting up a mdadm raid?

Or is this included in mdmon in some way?

Actually this is the job of mdadm to kick a failed drive out of an array.
There are mechanisms which do that. A failed drive then has the flag "F"
(failed) in the output of /proc/mdstats .
Smartmontools are for monitoring only, they don't manage a raid array.