[smartmontools-support] LSI MR9260-4i not supported on Windows?

Christian Franke Christian.Franke at t-online.de
Mon Feb 14 17:57:36 CET 2022

Jim Garrison via Smartmontools-support wrote:
> From everything I have managed to find online, including the official
> documentation, my RAID controller should be supported.

There is no LSI/Broadcomm MegaRAID support in the Windows version of
smartmontools, see https://www.smartmontools.org/ticket/1334 and related
tickets. There were some user reports that very old MegaRAID drivers for
Windows support CSMI, but this is apparently no longer the case. Try
"smartctl --scan".

Access to non-RAID SATA drives may work with '-d sat'.

> ...  But I get this:
>
> d:\Temp\bin>smartctl -a /dev/sda,0

This syntax enables the ATA pass-through I/O-control for very old 3ware
RAID controllers. It is unlikely that this works with MegaRAID.

Regards,
Christian