[smartmontools-support] Received E-Mail Failed to read/open NVMe device but no syslog

桃源老師 xanadu6291 at dream.jp
Fri Dec 2 09:35:24 CET 2022

Hello,

I have received E-Mail which tells smartd failed to read/open NVMe device, but there are no syslog output.

I'm running 2 Macs with different version, macOS 13.0.1 and macOS 12.6.1.

On macOS 13 Mac, I never receive E-Mail of failure.  I only receive E-Mail from macOS 12 Mac.

Both Mac's smartctl -H result are PASSED.

Why I receive such a E-Mail without syslog output?

Can I ignore such kind of E-Mail from smartd?

Best Regards,
Kimio Miyamura