[smartmontools-support] disk not reallocating bad sectors

Jürgen Bausa Juergen.Bausa at web.de
Thu Oct 28 19:35:25 CEST 2021

I think what I did with "fsck -c /dev/sda1" is somehow the linux
equivalent to what you are proposing. It does not rely on sectors
marked as bad. Instead it tries to read each sector and if this
is not possible, it will no longer used for the fs.

So the main problem is solved (possibilty of a coruppted fs). But
the remaining pending sectors are "ugly". And I still do not understand
why they are not reallocated. Maybe I will get some answers from WD.

Jürgen