[smartmontools-support] Compiled 7.2 from source, but smartctl fails?

Schorschi Decker schorschi at dc.rr.com
Mon Jul 12 16:19:00 CEST 2021

The issue is not where the binary actually is, found it... the issue is
the documentation is wrong.  The instructions state that the binary will
be placed at /usr/local/bin.  But that is not the case.  Please update
the documentation.  Also, the unit file for systemd, defaults to the
wrong directory as well.  It should default to /usr/local/bin, if in
fact that is the documented and actual default location of a make and
make install sequence with no change of the directory destination.
Surely the documentation can be updated, right?

-Schor