[smartmontools-support] smartctl cciss segfault crash

Michal Hlavinka mhlavink at redhat.com
Fri Nov 22 16:33:45 CET 2019

> That for the bug report and the detailed analysis. The small buffer is
> inherited from the early days of CCISS support (2006).
>
> The attached quick hack patch should fix this. Not yet committed because
> I could not test is with the real hardware.

Previously it crashed +- once per five minutes, it's more than thirty
hours now with no crash, so I think it's good.

I've checked it with coverity (static analysis tool) and patch did not
cause any new complains. On a side note, do you use any static analysis
tool? Would you be interested in full analysis output? I can send it to you.