[smartmontools-support] Additional hardware compatibility test for smartmontools

Dan Martin dwm685 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 19 22:01:36 CET 2019

Hello,

I'm sending you this report by email because I'm not confident enough in
the Trac syntax to be sure I won't break your table.

I have just successfully tested Seagate STGX1000400 1TB portable drives,
0bc2:2343, with smartmontools.  System is a Rasberry Pi 4 (4GB) running
Raspian 10 (Linux 4.19.75-v7l+), with the drives connected through a
powered USB3 hub since the Pi can't handle that much current.

It doesn't work plug-and-play, but does work if the
string usb-storage.quirks=0bc2:2343: is added to /boot/cmdline.txt

Incidentally, 0bc2:2343 is also not listed in your hardware list.

Thanks, appreciate the good tool!  Please let me know if you need any
specific data to add this to the documentation.

Cheers,

Dan