[smartmontools-support] Missed SMART attributes

Andrey Ponomarenko andrewponomarenko at yandex.ru
Mon Feb 12 06:55:53 CET 2018

Hi,

I'd like to ask two questions:

1) There are several UNC errors in smartctl output for drive WDC WD10TMVW-11ZSMS5 that are not counted by any SMART attribute (see /dev/sdc in https://linux-hardware.org/index.php?probe=6890916931&log=smartctl). I expected to see non-zero value of Reported_Uncorrect/187, but there is no such attribute in the output. Why?

2) There is no Power_On_Hours attribute for drive SAMSUNG SSD SM841 (see /dev/sdc in https://linux-hardware.org/index.php?probe=e53cca2682&log=smartctl). Why?

The output is collected by `smartctl -x /dev/sdc` command in both cases. I have access to both drives currently and can rebuild smartmontools from sources/retry test and provide any other info on drives if needed.

Thanks in advance.