[smartmontools-support] How to identify disk issue with smartmontools

Bruce Allen ballen at uwm.edu
Mon Nov 6 10:35:59 CET 2017

I suggest you start with the articles listed under "Tutorials" on this
page: https://www.smartmontools.org/wiki/TocDoc

On 03.11.17 08:44, fengyd wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm new to smartmontools.
> The CLI smartctl -a /dev/sdX  displays a lot of information.
> Do you know how to identify if there's something wrong with disk
> according to the printout.
> I have searched some information from google, but I'm still not clear.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Yafeng

Bruce Allen, Adjunct Professor of Physics
Leonard E. Parker Center for Gravitation, Cosmology and Astrophysics
Physics Department
University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee
3135 N Maryland Ave
Milwaukee, 53211 USA