[smartmontools-support] How to identify disk issue with smartmontools

Alexander Shaduri ashaduri at gmail.com
Sat Nov 4 10:51:57 CET 2017

Hi,

You could try GSmartControl - https://gsmartcontrol.sourceforge.io/ ,
which highlights some potentially problematic values. There are
packages
for most distros out there (usually included with the distribution).

Otherwise, learn "How to read smartctl reports" here:
https://www.smartmontools.org/wiki/Help#Howtoreadsmartctlreports

In my experience, the most frequent suspect is "reallocated sector
count",
the RAW value of which should be 0.

Cheers,
Alexander