[smartmontools-support] Call for smartctl -x outputs

Alexander Shaduri ashaduri at gmail.com
Tue Aug 29 14:28:11 CEST 2017

Hi everybody,

I'm working on "smartctl -x" output support for GSmartControl
https://gsmartcontrol.sourceforge.io/

The -x output contains more information than -a, things like
device statistics (sometimes more informative than Attributes),
extended error and selftest logs, temperature history and so on.

I would really appreciate if you could send me outputs for various
drives. Old and new drives, drives behind USB enclosures, SSD,
HDD, etc...

Just use:
# smartctl -x /dev/sdX > sdX_output.txt
and attach the output files (please don't paste the texts directly
into email messages, this will break their formatting).
You can use "-q noserial" to hide the drive's S/N, if needed.

To avoid flooding the mailing list, please send them privately.

Thank you for your help!
Alexander