[Smartmontools-database] Delkin Devices CE08TFNDV-FD000-D

Andreas Bofjall andreas at kakfat.se
Sun Jun 19 00:14:09 CEST 2022

Hi,

attached is the SMART report and a patch for drivedb.h for the Delkin
Devices C440 series SLC Industrial CompactFlash card. It was not present
in the latest version of drivedb.h, the spec was downloaded from
https://www.farnell.com/datasheets/2623958.pdf

I attached two SMART reports:
smartctl-Delkin-Devices-CE08TFNDV-FD000-D.txt is with the latest
drivedb.h while smartctl-withpatch-Delkin-Devices-CE08TFNDV-FD000-D.txt
is with the attached patch applied.

The card does not support self tests and several SMART raw values are 64
bits wide, the vendor seems to use the "worst" and "reserved" bytes for
the additional two bytes. The "worst" value is always repurposed as the
first byte of the raw value, no matter the bit length of the raw value.

Attribute 196, number of spare blocks, is also a bit special as the raw
value is 64 bits wide but consists of four 16 bit values. I could not
figure out how to properly display this using the smartctl syntax, so I
settled on displaying what I figured were the three most important ones.

Thank you for your amazing work!

/Andreas