[Smartmontools-database] not in database

donburden at internode.on.net donburden at internode.on.net
Sun Jun 24 18:24:58 CEST 2018

The drive is a small WD 320GB My Passport, blue case - it may well be no
good.

The command:
smartctl -t short /dev/sda

Produces:
smartd 6.6 2016-05-31 r4324 [x86_64-linux-4.12.7-64] (local build)
Copyright (C) 2002 -16, Bruce Allen, Christian Franke,
www.smartmontools.org

/dev/sda: Unknown USB bridge [0x1058:0x070b (0x2018)]
Please specify device type with the  -d option.

Use smartctl -h to get a usage summary.

It appears to be very similar to other WD devices listed but it does not
respond meaningfully to the "-d sat" parameter as perhaps might be
expected in view of the other very similar bridge identifiers listed in the
database.

I'm just fiddling about with this but am forwarding this result as a possible
addition to the database.

Regards,

                Don Burden