[Smartmontools-database] [Help] Please add a new device to the Database

Gabriele Pohl gp at dipohl.de
Thu Sep 28 12:27:49 CEST 2017

Hanwoori Koh,

please stop spamming our mailing lists!

Your first mail (Tue, 29 Aug 2017 15:27:36 +0900)
about the new device has arrived
and is stored in our mailing list archive:

https://listi.jpberlin.de/pipermail/smartmontools-database/2017-August/000009.html

After that you sent reminders in short intervals
with multiplying attachments that we got already..

On Mon, 25 Sep 2017 16:02:30 +0900 to smartmontools-support list.
As this list is _not_ the appropriate list for database requests,
I forwarded it to the database list with comment about the
wrong communication channel.

That mail has also been stored in the ML archive:
https://listi.jpberlin.de/pipermail/smartmontools-database/2017-September/000020.html

Now - ignoring my hint on the correct addressee -
you again sent the mail to smartmontools-support list
and to smartmontools-database today (Thu Sep 28 10:36:01 CEST 2017)
https://listi.jpberlin.de/pipermail/smartmontools-database/2017-September/000025.html

I must say that this annoying behavior is not suitable
to feed my stimulus to attend to your issue..

as also is the inconvenient format of your contribution.

The best way to accelerate delivery of an enhanced drive database
would have been to sent a patch for drivedb.h
and the smartctl report for the new device in plain ascii

attached to a new ticket in our Trac:

https://www.smartmontools.org/newticket

Instead you sent .png files with that no copy&paste
will be possible and we would have to type the string
ourselves, which is nasty work and also brings the risk
of typing errors.

So far my feedback,

Gabriele

Help Wanted with smartmontools drive.db