[qutebrowser] Site-specific configuring of key event handling - feature request

Florian Bruhin me at the-compiler.org
Thu Sep 8 14:18:04 CEST 2022

Hey,

sorry for the delay, your message was held back because you weren't
subscribed to the list when sending it.

On Sat, Sep 03, 2022 at 06:27:20PM +0200, tp2009--- via qutebrowser wrote:
> Some websites use accesskey attributes or javascript to control the behaviour
> of key presses. I'd like to override these (/some of these) definitions
> for a specific site and specific keys, using (ideally) a config option (placed in config.py).

You mean when pressing those keys in insert mode? Outside of
insert/passthrough modes, those key presses won't ever reach the
website.

> In
>
> https://github.com/qutebrowser/qutebrowser/issues/2614
> https://github.com/qutebrowser/qutebrowser/issues/2614#issuecomment-300357518
>
> a similar question is raised and recipe stated, but here I want passthrough
> to be prevented for a specific site and keys. Further, it shall be configured
> not switched.
>
> Ideally, qb could be extended that this can be configured. (User-defined forward mode?)

It sounds like you simply want domain-specific bindings in insert mode
then? See:

https://github.com/qutebrowser/qutebrowser/issues/3636
https://github.com/qutebrowser/qutebrowser/pull/4664

Florian