[qutebrowser] Site-specific configuring of key event handling - feature request

tp2009 at uni.de tp2009 at uni.de
Sat Sep 3 18:27:20 CEST 2022

Hello,

I like to realize a functionality related to key event handling.

Some websites use accesskey attributes or javascript to control the behaviour
of key presses. I'd like to override these (/some of these) definitions
for a specific site and specific keys, using (ideally) a config option (placed in config.py).

In

https://github.com/qutebrowser/qutebrowser/issues/2614
https://github.com/qutebrowser/qutebrowser/issues/2614#issuecomment-300357518

a similar question is raised and recipe stated, but here I want passthrough
to be prevented for a specific site and keys. Further, it shall be configured
not switched.

Ideally, qb could be extended that this can be configured. (User-defined forward mode?)

Tom

NB: qutebrowser/qutebrowser/keyinput/ seems the relevant directory
where such code must be running. modeman.py _handle_keypress() is a possible
datapath to intercept.