[qutebrowser] Missing checkboxes

Yunus Kahveci admin at kahveci-sw.de
Sun Apr 10 14:46:18 CEST 2022

On Sun, 22-04-10 at 03:45, Adam Cooper <qutebrowser at lists.qutebrowser.org> wrote:
> > Here are links to screenshots of a page in both Qutebrowser v2.5 and
> > Chromium v100.
> Why Qutebrowser renders these items differently than Chromium remains
> mysterious to me.

I suspect that this might have to do with the fact that qutebrowser
depends on Qt5WebEngine, which is in turn based on a really old version
of Chromium (seems to be based on Chromium v87, but you can check
yourself with :version), which doesn't support some of the CSS you used.
(I recommend checking https://caniuse.com)

Unfortunately, there isn't really anything the qutebrowser devs can do
about the outdated Chromium version in Qt5WebEngine, but the version of
QtWebEngine bundled with Qt6 uses a newer Chromium version and we are
currently working on adopting Qt6!

See https://github.com/qutebrowser/qutebrowser/issues/5395

--
Yunus