[qutebrowser] qutebrowser v2.0.2.post1 release for Windows

Florian Bruhin me at the-compiler.org
Mon Feb 22 18:10:56 CET 2021

Hey,

Today, @bitraid found a way to reduce virus scanner false-positives
which often happen with qutebrowser on Windows:
https://github.com/qutebrowser/qutebrowser/issues/6194

I then regenerated the 2.0.2 release and pushed new assets for the
Windows releases as 2.0.2.post1:
https://github.com/qutebrowser/qutebrowser/releases/tag/v2.0.2

While doing so, I deleted the older releases. This clearly was a
mistake, as doing so probably broke package managers like Chocolatey or
Scoop. This is something I didn't consider before it was too late.
I've alerted the respective maintainers. Sorry for the trouble, I won't
be doing this again.

To make things worse, even though this wasn't the case in the tests done
before the release, qutebrowser.exe now gets classified as malware again
by Windows Defender. I've sent a report to Microsoft. I really hoped
the updated .exe would fix things, but apparently it's all very random.

All in all, not a very pleasant experience for everyone, myself
included. Sorry about that.

Note this doesn't change anything for macOS or Linux users (and no new
assets are available there). For Windows users, there is no need to
update either, as long as your virus scanner is happy with v2.0.2.

Florian

--
            me at the-compiler.org | https://www.qutebrowser.org
       https://bruhin.software/ | https://github.com/sponsors/The-Compiler/