[qutebrowser] Is any way to disable WebRTC ?

Florian Bruhin me at the-compiler.org
Fri Aug 14 18:47:04 CEST 2020

Hey,

Note you're not subscribed to the mailinglist, so your post was held back. I
approved it and whitelisted you, but you won't see answers from people unless
they explicitly add you to Cc.

On Fri, Aug 14, 2020 at 07:36:48PM +0300, Гена Г via qutebrowser wrote:
> I set:
> sys.argv.append('--qt-arg')
> sys.argv.append('content.webrtc_ip_handling_policy')
> sys.argv.append('disable-non-proxied-udp')
> This is not working via proxy (socks or http) . Real public IP transfered via STUN .

I don't understand what you're doing here. You're modifying sys.argv (of what?)
in Python to add --qt-arg, but then pass the name of a qutebrowser setting to
it?

Can you explain where you got this from, or do you know if there's any
documentation qutebrowser could improve to make this clearer?

If this is from a config.py, you'll want to do this:

   c.content.webrtc_ip_handling_policy = 'disable-non-proxied-udp'

Or you could use :set to achieve the same, see the docs for details:
https://github.com/qutebrowser/qutebrowser/blob/master/doc/help/configuring.asciidoc

Florian

--
me at the-compiler.org (Mail/XMPP) | https://www.qutebrowser.org