[qutebrowser] binding "hint inputs --first"

Jay Kamat jaygkamat at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 18:18:03 CET 2019

Franco A. Cortesi writes:

> It searchs for the first input on the screen, not in the page. I think gi
> is already executing that command, but because there is no visible input on
> the screen (when calling from the bottom of a page, for example), it says
> "no elements found". If I execute it manually (by using :) it really finds
> the first input, even if it's not visible on screen.

I don't think that should be happening. Binding a key shouldn't provide any
different results from running it manually, and --first should not select
off-screen elements, as it's a sub command of ':hint' (and you can't hint
things when you can't see them).

If you would like to select off-screen elements, you could write a trivial
jseval to find the first element you want and focus it.

-Jay