[qutebrowser] settings not keeping

Florian Bruhin me at the-compiler.org
Sun Feb 17 20:16:23 CET 2019

Hi,

On Sun, Feb 17, 2019 at 01:02:31PM -0500, Steve wrote:
> Since the latest update settings are not keeping for me. Any changes I make
> revert to their defaults.

Is this via qute://settings? That's probably broken with Qt 5.12, but
should be fixed with the qutebrowser-git PKGBUILD). I'm currently
working on fixing other Qt 5.12 related stuff before releasing v1.6.0.

> Also, qutebrowser has been freezing my system (or maybe it is a QT update?)
> forcing a reboot. On occassions when I can pkill qutebrower (sometimes have
> to hard reboot) it revives itself over and over and will not quit.

That doesn't sound like a qutebrowser issue - might be a bug in your
graphic driver or something. The last qutebrowser release was back in
October, the Arch packaging changes were just minor dependency
adjustments.

On Sun, Feb 17, 2019 at 10:47:05AM -0800, Jay Kamat wrote:
> > Also, qutebrowser has been freezing my system (or maybe it is a QT
> > update?) forcing a reboot. On occassions when I can pkill qutebrower
> > (sometimes have to hard reboot) it revives itself over and over and
> > will not quit. Something is not right with this latest update. Any
> > ideas where to begin troubleshooting this or are there known issues?
>
> I'm guessing that for some reason, some packaging change in arch added a
> config.py for you (there was at least one other user that reported this).

Not aware of anything like that, and there would be a lot more people
affected if that was the case.

On Sun, Feb 17, 2019 at 02:01:10PM -0500, Steve wrote:
> There is no autoconfig.yml at all in ~/.config/qutebrowser/

Huh, but there was before the update?

Florian

--
https://www.qutebrowser.org | me at the-compiler.org (Mail/XMPP)