[qutebrowser] Log in to Google Account using qutebrowser

Ryan Roden-Corrent ryan at rcorre.net
Wed Dec 4 23:00:58 CET 2019

At the risk of derailing this, you might want to search "nothing to hide fallacy" on the search engine of your choice (maybe duckduckgo instead of google?).

https://www.schneier.com/blog/archives/2006/05/the_value_of_pr.html and https://spreadprivacy.com/three-reasons-why-the-nothing-to-hide-argument-is-flawed/ are some good ones.

There are alternatives to Google. https://www.passwordstore.org/ is a nice password manager that can sync between multiple devices including your phone. Qutebrowser bookmarks/quickmarks are simple files you can sync between devices using any file syncing service (ideally with encryption - I'm using keybase for this right now). I'm sure if you ask around this community you can find many other options.

If you find that Google seems to be fighting your desire to use their service in the way you want, you can keep fighting that battle, or look for friendlier alternatives.

Best of luck, whichever route you choose :)

-Ryan