[qutebrowser] spaces in URLs

Florian Bruhin me at the-compiler.org
Thu Nov 23 21:34:31 CET 2017

On Thu, Nov 23, 2017 at 07:34:18PM +0000, Stephen Davies (sdavies) wrote:

>     Trevor's question leads to one from me.
>
>     When I highlight and paste a long URL into Firefox, it seems to helpfully
> trim out any internal whitespace (like linebreaks/spaces introduced into the
> URL by long lines in my email reader. I use mutt btw.) qutebrowser does not do
> this, and therefore when I copy/paste a long URL (like the one Florian gave,
> below) into the ":open" command, I get a 404. The only way I know to fix it is
> to scrutinize the URL by hand and surgically remove each space, or else to use
> FF again instead of qutebrowser for the moment.
>
>     Could qutebrowser be made easily to emulate FF's behavior here?

qutebrowser allows pasting multiple URLs (like from a text file or so) to open
them all - which I find quite useful.

You might want to instead configure your terminal (or mutt, e.g. via
urlview/urlscan) so you can open links without copy-pasting them.

> See https://secure-web.cisco.com/1Qi7KvIXuDtUCAloc3SHdg4s1HxCB7DjOPbK0pOiA-AqNINNSo_Ga8bCPaisHjDA9UGTvmMvNemmyj3qE-eZQrHRjL3q2I1cl6d3d78kQgh8YbWCAKfBbJ3_3nInYZQd-CL0hZMgrWCay7RMZVZYcvf5kh5iijuYYPHXzyvt7kz52StU6eBdtnLhHZsiu7C8zuR0pItg30jA39_7lQsACuZE0QsKoAU1-Jmk_Cj3upYo4WZrPxhJ4qQ6reodpBNwmKQhzr717zOSW8vx0vIDlpKDLcsJhMP-s6FUIrmGU--BuXJWtbqmDRqYvv_ZK1tzICdKHEaTSNgmP-e8KwXN5FQ/https%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Fqutebrowser%2Fqutebrowser%2Fblob%2Fmaster%2Fdoc%2Fhelp%2Fconfiguring.asciidoc#migrating-older-configurations

That's not the link I sent. You have some (Cisco)-piece rewriting incoming
mails. Seeing that the umw.edu also has thrown you off the mailing list because
of "spoofed mails", and it apparently intercepts your mails, I can really
recommend using something else.

Florian

--
https://www.qutebrowser.org  | me at the-compiler.org (Mail/XMPP)