ram

Ibon Santisteban OBIBON at gmx.com
Mon Feb 29 22:18:30 CET 2016

Hi,

First of all, I just discovered qutebrowser, and congratulations (and thanks) for such a good piece of software.

I'm not really sure this is an issue, but I thought I rather say something than not: I have the feeling that for a minimalistic browser, it uses too much RAM. I just compared to other browsers and this is what I got, having the same amount of tabs (five) open with the exact same websites:

midori: 154.8 MiB
otter browser: 286.6 MiB
qupzilla: 198.0 MiB
luakit: 375.7 MiB (even though it started at around 278, it increases as time goes by for some reason)
QUTEBROWSER: 587.9 MiB

I didn't try with firefox, but I don't think that's the point anyway. And it would probably have gone up the 800MiB.

I do have to say that this is the fastest browser I've ever tried, and so far it looks to be pretty solid; which are the most important things, so not a deal breaker, but it would be nice to have it use less resources.