Password management et al

Florian Bruhin me at the-compiler.org
Thu Oct 1 08:28:18 CEST 2015

Hey Mel,

* Mel Boyce <mel at thestack.co> [2015-10-01 16:20:50 +1000]:
> What's the story with password management in Qutebrowser? i.e.,
> remembering them?

There's currently an userscript in development which integrates with
'pass':

https://github.com/The-Compiler/qutebrowser/pull/873

The author (which also is on this list, I believe) told me he wanted
to work a bit more on it before merging, so it's not merged yet.

As soon as there's plugin support in qutebrowser (which will still
take a few months, unfortunately), I plan to write plugins to directly
integrate KeePassX, pass, and probably others:

https://github.com/The-Compiler/qutebrowser/issues/30
https://github.com/The-Compiler/qutebrowser/issues/180

> Also, some sites I use (basic challenge) "forget" my authentication
> after some number of minutes - something I hadn't noticed in dwb and
> certainly doesn't happen in FF.

Dou you have a publicly accessible example somewhere? I never had any
issues with Icinga, cups, and some other things.

Also, what Qt version? (see :open qute:version)

Florian