This week's qutebrowser updates
me at the-compiler.org
Mon Oct 6 22:53:04 CEST 2014
Another week - another update mail! 2 months, 1 week and 1 day left
until the day where I really want to release v0.1 - one year after the
I finally took the time to convert the TODO/BUGS files into github
Sorry if anyone was flooded with mails because of that... I didn't
realize people get a mail for every issue when they're watching a repo
on Github :D
Also, the multiwindow branch was merged, so qutebrowser now supports
opening multiple windows in one instance.
Excluding merges, 2 authors have pushed 79 commits to master and 84
commits to all branches. On master, 79 files have changed and there
have been 1,879 additions and 1,385 deletions.
1 Pull request merged by 1 person
1 Pull request proposed by 1 person
14 Issues closed by 1 person
133 Issues created by 1 person
Some files got moved to a more correct place. You should execute this
before upgrading if you want to preserve your command history and
window geometry (untested :P):
$ mv ~/.config/qutebrowser/cmd_history ~/.local/share/qutebrowser/cmd-history
$ mv ~/.config/qutebrowser/state ~/.local/share/qutebrowser
Alternatively, just upgrade and delete these files.
To get the new keybindings, delete your
Also don't forget to run scripts/asciidoc2html.py to update your help
- New quickstart page on first run.
- Multiwindow support! All commands which support -t/-b now also
support -w for a new window.
- New keybindings for multiwindow support:
wo: like 'o', but in new window
wO: like 'go', but in new window
wh: go back in a new window
wl: go forward in a new window
wf: hint and open link in a new window
;R: rapid hinting and open new window for each link
wp: paste and open in new window
wP: paste primary selection and open in new window
wb: load quickmark in new window
- State files now are in the XDG data directory rather than the config
directory. On Windows, subfolders are created for data/cache.
- Turn off line breaking in debugging console.
- :help now also understands -t/-w/-b.
- Print better error when asciidoc is missing in asciidoc2html.py
- Fix str() of ConfigValues. This bug shouldn't affect any current
another one is still being displayed.
- Fix :view-source.
- Fix crash when the error page gets displayed on a page with
non-latin1 chars in the URL.
- Fix starting with --confdir="" (default/no config)
- Fix for weird line breaking in the debugging console.
- Fix for exceptions when handling invalid URLs.
- Fix closing last tab with tabs->last-close = quit
Under the hood
- Various small changes
http://www.the-compiler.org | me at the-compiler.org (Mail/XMPP)
GPG 0xFD55A072 | http://the-compiler.org/pubkey.asc
I love long mails! | http://email.is-not-s.ms/
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 819 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the qutebrowser