This week's qutebrowser updates

Florian Bruhin me at the-compiler.org
Mon Dec 8 23:59:14 CET 2014

Less than a week to go to v0.1, which will hopefully be released this
Sunday! I took days off from work starting Wednesday, so I can work on
getting the remaining bugs[1] fixed until then.

Of course this week some of them already were squashed! :)

I also spent some time last week to get a buildbot up which runs
tests automatically on each push on various operating systems
(Archlinux, Debian, 2x Ubuntu, 2x Windows).

It can be found here: http://buildbot.qutebrowser.org/
(the most interesting view is probably
http://qutebrowser.org:8010/waterfall )

Also, I could close two more bugs because they were fixed in Qt 5.4,
which will be released Wednesday:

- Weird font rendering with tewi
  https://github.com/The-Compiler/qutebrowser/issues/92

- Changing allow-plugins to false does not have the expected outcome
  https://github.com/The-Compiler/qutebrowser/issues/240

[1] https://github.com/The-Compiler/qutebrowser/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+milestone%3Av0.1

Overview
--------

Excluding merges, 2 authors have pushed 56 commits to master and 56
commits to all branches. On master, 37 files have changed and there
have been 911 additions and 193 deletions.

1 Pull request merged by 1 person
13 Issues closed by 1 person
5 Issues created by 2 people

https://github.com/The-Compiler/qutebrowser/pulse/weekly

Features
--------

- Added a hostblock_blame script to find out why a certain host is
  blocked.
- Added a init_venv script to initialize a clean virtualenv to run
  qutebrowser in.
- Added a .desktop file
  Thanks to iggy for this contribution!

Improvements
------------

- Open qute:settings when :set is used without any arguments.
- Add a keybinding Ss which opens qute:settings.
- Change the default startpage to use https.
- Use a better method to get scroll percentage (potential performance
  improvement)
- Force opening javascript windows in foreground.
- Handle ampersands in tab titles correctly.
- Various improvements for run_checks.py and asciidoc2html.py

Bugfixes
--------

- Hopefully really fix segfaults/exceptions related to hinting.
- Fix segfault when closing a tab while a question is open.
- Fix a rare exception related to downloads.
- Fix config interpolation with user-supplied values.
- Fix statusbar text when entering another mode in passthrough mode.
- Don't destroy configfiles when there's an error while writing.

             GPG 0xFD55A072 | http://the-compiler.org/pubkey.asc