[Postfixbuch-users] Bounce

Norman Messtorff normes at normes.org
So Apr 10 15:09:47 CEST 2005

Hi,

Am Sonntag, den 10.04.2005, 15:00 +0200 schrieb Jim Knuth:
> gibt es mittlerweile bei 2.2.*/2.3.* eine Möglichkeit, die
> Bouncesmeldungen aus Templates einzulesen? In der Doku hab ich nix
> finden können.

frisch aus der postfix-dev:
> Hi,
>
> Attached is a patch to postfix's bounce infrastructure to allow
on-disk
> templates for bounce messages. Variable substitution is achieved using
> the mac_expand functionality.
>
> The patch adds a configuration option to master.cf:
> bounce_template_directory
>
> The specified directory can contain one or more of the 13 template
> files. Absent files will cause the default behaviour to continue.
>
> We are using this patch to provide custom bounce messages with http://
> links to help documentation for the users who recieve the bounce
messages.

> It would be nice if we could get this integrated in the upstream of
> postfix - maintaining a patchset is time-consuming. We are willing to
> continue development of this patch in order to make it acceptable to
> apply to the main tree.

- This code must be documented.

- All memory leaks must be fixed.

- Templates should be cached in memory, instead of opening lots of
files each time mail is bounced.

- This code must not break when someone turns on/off chroot.  This
is another reason why template texts should be loaded into memory
once, before the process enters the chroot jail.

- This code must not use post_mail_fputs() etc. for multi-line
output. Postfix does not store record terminator characters in
queue files. Doing so breaks output processing. Apart from that
it's wrong to assume that \r\n is always valid.

- This code produces malformed mail when the bounce template contains
non-ASCII text. The code should either reject non-ASCII text or it
should produce non-ASCII text with the proper MIME type and encoding.

        Wietse

--
Norman Messtorff
http://normes.org