UI is scaled down

Thorsten Wißmann edu at thorsten-wissmann.de
Mon Dec 6 09:00:42 CET 2021

Hi famubu,

I think all answers should be in the arch-wiki page for HiDPI in the
wiki. I don't recommend using --scale to xrandr.

If you use plain hlwm (e.g. from your .xinitrc), you should simply set
all the environment options available to fix the DPI. I assume that
there is a system wide setting of hidpi created by the installer. So
probably, the best way to solve is to look through your X11
configuration in

    /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d

and the default profile files in

    /etc/profile.d

to see whether there are any options regarding dpi.

hlwm itself does not do anything about the DPI setting: it just takes
what X11 is offering.

Best,
Thorsten