How to Pronounce herbsluftwm?

Thorsten Wißmann edu at thorsten-wissmann.de
Sat Sep 22 08:02:38 CEST 2018

Dear Micheal,

thanks for including herbstluftwm in your project :-)

On Fri, Sep 21, 2018 at 10:30:26PM +0200, Florian Bruhin wrote:
> Finally, if you want to add the "wm", you can either just say W M in
> English, or in German, pronounce the W like in "web" or "van", but with
> a long e (/veː/).

In German, the name of the letter W is "We", i.e. "web" without the "b",
and not as long as the English "double you". So I usually prounce "WM"
German "We 'Em" or as "window manager". It's essentially the same issue
as for "www", for which "worldwideweb" is much shorter than saying
"double you" three times.

Best,
Thorsten