MacBook Pro Retina

Johannes Jordan jordan at lanrules.de
Thu Jul 2 11:56:33 CEST 2015

Hello Suhaib,

I don't know exactly what the Ubuntu slider is doing but the correct
method of adjusting font sizes is to set the DPI (dots per inch) of the
display correctly.

Now, for example, the Pro Retina 13" has 227 dpi and the 15" version 220
dpi according to: https://www.apple.com/de/macbook-pro/specs-retina/

To put that in perspective, a typical DPI value nowadays is below 100
and the X11 default should be 70.

You can find more information about DPI here:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Xorg#Display_size_and_DPI

It might be as simple as running 'xrandr --dpi 220' and then restarting
applications.

As herbstluftwm is only a window manager and not a full-blown desktop,
it does not mangle with these settings.

Johannes