[FoME] fome Symposium 2023 | 5-6 October, Bonn | Rethinking safety: Protecting media freedom in times of crisis | Tickets now available

Simon Didszuweit simon.didszuweit at dw.com
Mo Aug 14 12:33:26 CEST 2023

Dear fome Community member,

As fome Symposium 2023 quickly approaches, we are pleased to announce that ticket sales are now open! You can purchase your ticket via fome Symposium 2023 - Signup (eventmanager-online.com)<https://event.gs/s/4WUkZPKU>.

This year's fome Symposium Rethinking safety: Protecting media freedom in times of crises is hosted by DW Akademie and Reporters without Borders Germany (RSF), with support from the Federal Ministry of Development and Cooperation (BMZ) and the Konrad Adenauer Stiftung (KAS).

When? October 5-6
Where? Deutsche Welle, Kurt-Schumacher-Str. 3, 53113 Bonn

Our guiding questions will be: How to support a safe environment and secure structures, and how to deal with tensions between acute crisis management and sustainable development cooperation?  We'll also examine security in three ways via panel discussions and interactive workshops:

*        digital and mental safety while reporting

*        crucial media development policy changes

*        areas of increased attention, such as feminist development policy.

The preliminary program including panelists is available at the fome website<https://fome.info/>. More Updates will follow.

Tickets can be purchased here<https://event.gs/s/4WUkZPKU> and cost:

  *   regular tickets: 80 Euros
  *   student tickets: 35 Euros (student ID required)

Online participation is also possible and free of charge. Please register online by September 28. Please note that only the panel discussions will be streamed and not the workshops.

If you have questions, you can contact us at dw-akademie.event at dw.com<mailto:dw-akademie.event at dw.com>

We look forward to welcoming you very soon at fome 2023!

Best regards on behalf of the organizational team

Simon Didszuweit and Elena Zondler (DW Akademie), Sophie von Waitz and Jana Rapp (RSF)

Simon Didszuweit
Advocacy and Partnerships

DW (Deutsche Welle) | Kurt-Schumacher-Str. 3 | 53113 Bonn | Germany
T +49.228.429.3515<tel:+492284293515> | simon.didszuweit at dw.com<mailto:simon.didszuweit at dw.com>
dw-akademie.event at dw.com<mailto:dw-akademie.event at dw.com>