[FoME] Truth or Trust: The Media's Role in Countering Disinformation - Invitation to n-ost’s online Roundtable tomorrow

n-ost mail mail at n-ost.org
Mo Nov 29 10:38:22 CET 2021

Dear FoMe list members,

you are cordially invited to join us tomorrow *Tuesday, 30 November 2021*,
3.30 to 4.30 pm CET for n-ost's *online Roundtable* "Truth or Trust: The
Media's Role in Countering Disinformation".

At what point do “alternative facts” become targeted disinformation? And
how can we strike a balance between liberal enthusiasm for diversity on the
one hand - and the call for clamping down on views that run contrary to our
perspectives on the other?

Does it really make sense to contain disinformation by spreading your own
version of the “truth”? What other measures might be more effective?

What do we reply when being accused of disseminating “propaganda” as well?

And what can we do to strengthen audiences' trust in our reporting?

We want to discuss these (and more) questions with

   -

   Jakub Kalenský, journalist; until 2018 team lead on disinformation of
   the EU´s East StratCom Task Force; currently disinformation lead of the
   Eurasia Center’s Ukrainian Election Task Force; senior fellow at the
   Atlantic Council in Prague.

   -

   Oksana Romaniuk, journalist; executive director of the Kyiv-based
   Institute of Mass Information (IMI) since 2013; former correspondent of the
   UNIAN news agency; longstanding representative of Reporters Without Borders
   in Ukraine

The debate will be held in English, interpretation into Russian will be
provided.

Please register here: https://bit.ly/3r6PR8T
<https://bit.ly/3r6PR8T?fbclid=IwAR2WbjjIq7xnzMB_WzwOzolFKKieIpoasU1NRe8ptpEjJDnkNbtsM0LZDc0>

We would love to see some of you at our Online Roundtable tomorrow!

Best regards

Hannah for n-ost

--
[image: https://www.n-ost.org] <https://www.n-ost.org/>