[FoME] Register now for the speed dating session of PhD students working on mediadev

Michel Leroy michel.leroy at tu-dortmund.de
Mi Jun 30 22:56:28 CEST 2021

Liebe FoME Mitglieder,

On July 9th, as part of the IAMCR pre-conference events, the media sector
development working group and MEDAS21 will invite 12 PhD students from 4
different continents (Brazil, Burkina Faso, Colombia, DRC, France,
Germany, Haiti, India, Nigeria, Philippines, USA) working on media
development issues to an online “speed-dating session.”

You can REGISTER NOW to attend and participate in the conversation!

Date: Friday, July 9th,2021, 7am ET (1pm CEST)
Link to register:
https://tu-dortmund.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJUuf-qrqzosGdMF9_k17P-u4roZuVDCvlS3%20
Costs: This is a FREE event, open to anyone, no membership required

By offering emerging scholars the opportunity to present their research in
a 3-minute-thesis format and get feedback from their peers and industry
professionals, we hope to contribute to intensified exchange and
networking and to develop practical coping mechanisms for any difficulties
and pressures they face in their research such as (but not limited to)
choosing a relevant topic, grant and funding issues, access to data and
literature...

In a casual format similar to “speed dating”, post graduate and doctoral
students will be able to propose their answers to these questions and
convey them to their peers by presenting their research (project) to the
audience in 3 minutes maximum, with a 3-minute Q&A. These contributions
will finally be taken up and discussed in a debate with representatives of
academic institutions and media development organisations.

This session is part of the event series jointly organized by IAMCR media
sector development working group and MEDAS21 as 2021 Nairobi
pre-conference events.
> SEMINAR 1 "Media development curricula from around the world“, Friday,
July 2, 20201, 1.00-2.30 pm CEST (7.00-8.30 am New York; 7.00-8.30 pm
Manila), Registration:
https://tu-dortmund.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_4vmnqzlDTDSKfDWEvTjW6Q
> SEMINAR 3 "Creative techniques in classroom and applied training“,
Friday, July 23, 20201, 1.00-2.30 pm CEST (7.00-8.30 am New York;
7.00-8.30 pm Manila), Registration:
https://tu-dortmund.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_bWxky1Q7QZqYSUWx1CqfLw
More information can be found at https://www.medas21.net/news/#PhDspeeddate

Best regards

Michel LEROY
RESEARCH ASSISTANT & PHD FELLOW
MEDAS 21 Research program, EBI, Otto-Hahn-Str. 2, D-44227 Dortmund , Germany
www.medas21.net