[FoME] The Professionalization of Academic Journalism Education in Afghanistan

Kefa Hamidi kefa.hamidi at uni-leipzig.de
Fr Feb 12 12:44:53 CET 2021

Dear researchers, dear students and everyone interested,

the research centre Development Communication - Communication for
Social Change (EC4SC) proudly presents the new website to our project
Journalism education in Afghanistan.

LinK: https://journalism-education-afghanistan.org/

This project which was funded by the VW foundation and Leipzig
University and it was developed as an cooperation between German and
Afghan universities with the aim to improve the quality of university
education of journalists in Afghanistan.

Currently, there are around 10,000 journalists in Afghanistan and the
range of media in the country is now larger and more versatile but
above all the professional academic journalist training is lacking.
Previous training programmes do not adequately prepare students for
the multifaceted profession of journalism, as they only encompass
theory and not practice.

With this project developed from 2015 to 2019 at Leipzig University in
cooperation with universities in Afghanistan we are trying to improve
the university training of journalists in Afghanistan.
The project aims to create a dual training system that interlinks
theory and practice to find out how journalist education can be
amended.

Therefore we created a manual involving the latest international
research, interviews with experts in Afghanistan and a situational
analysis of Afghan universities.

We cordially invite you to take a look at our website as well as the
manual and to feel free to pass it on to all interested parties in
order to jointly advance the establishment of journalism education in
Afghanistan.
This project and its results can also be transferred and used in other
countries.

With best regards!

Dr. Kefa Hamidi (Head of EC4SC)

Research Centre Development Communication - Communication for Social Change
Institute for Communication- and Media Studies
Leipzig University
Nikolaistraße 27-29
04109 Leipzig

Link: https://www.sozphil.uni-leipzig.de/entwicklungskommunikation/

--

Forschungszentrum Entwicklungskommunikation - Communication for Social
Change (EC4SC)

Dr. Kefa Hamidi
Leiter und Koordinator

Universität Leipzig
Institut für Kommunikations- und Medienwissenschaft
Nikolaistraße 27-29, Raum 3.08
04109 Leipzig,

Tel: 0341-9735712

Now we are online, you can find further information about the centre
and the projects:
https://www.sozphil.uni-leipzig.de/en/entwicklungskommunikation/