[FoME] Invitation to Webinar: Data Journalism in Times of Corona

Roslyn Kratochvil Moore roslyn.kratochvil-moore at dw.com
Fr Jun 12 08:55:24 CEST 2020

Dear Colleagues,
COVID-19 will not stop us from meeting and exchanging ideas. Instead, we want to learn together about the impact this global pandemic has on investigative and data journalism and how we can grow through it.
The cooperation project ”Governance.Media.Innovation“ by DW Akademie and the Germany development agency GIZ currently offers 15 data journalists from the Global South a one-year fellowship. As part of the Dataship – The Data Journalism Fellowship we are happy to invite you to the webinar
"Data Journalism in Times of Corona" on June 16th, 3pm -  4pm ( German time).
Speakers
Gianna Grün, Head of Data Journalism at Deutsche Welle, will ask how to communicate uncertainty and handle the "Known Unknown", especially with a look into the current situation. She will give examples of how newsrooms handle the crisis internationally and where problems can occur with data.
Natalia Viana, from Agencia Publica, is an expert on investigative journalism. She will talk about how the crisis and Brazils authorities handling of such, how it affects her work as a journalist and what we could learn from it.
Webinar participants are invited to a lively dialogue. Feel free to submit your questions beforehand to Bahia.Albrecht at dw.com
ZOOM
For the webinar we use the software Zoom: https://zoom.us. If you want to join us, please register previously: https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_tbjzwHRAQ1qRVcYPhpaAXQ

Kind regards,
Roslyn

Roslyn Kratochvil Moore
Head of Digital Innovation and Knowledge Management
Policy and Concepts
DW Akademie

Deutsche Welle (DW)
Kurt-Schumacher-Str. 3