[FoME] 10 Dec | Launching our brand new CROSS BORDER PLAYBOOK 🎮 📕

Andreas Schmiedecker | n-ost schmiedecker at n-ost.org
Mi Dez 2 10:54:02 CET 2020

Dear fome-colleagues,

I'm taking the liberty to invite you to the *launch of our new
CROSS-BORDER PLAYBOOK*, collecting and presenting years of cross-border
experiences collected by n-ost and partners.

Looking forward to seeing you there!

Join us for the presentation and discussion of the Cross-Border
Playbook, an interactive toolkit for border-crossing journalism 🌍

Dear Friends and Fellows,

After many months of preparation, we are happy to finally present to you
our brand new CROSS-BORDER PLAYBOOK that which we will launch on
*10 December, 18:00 (CET) via Zoom!*
Together with our contributors, editors, and cross-border experts, we
will present this new ressource for journalists who are interested in
deepening their knowledge and experience in the field of cross-border
journalism.

Register here for the launch event!
<https://n-ost.us16.list-manage.com/track/click?u=06f3108e3be3e81fb1fc057a0&id=2179d76233&e=58eaead42b>

The playbook itself is a result of cross-border collaboration: 16
journalists across Europe and several guest authors share insights and
experiences with cross-border collaborations. By providing tips and
tricks on how to plan and manage your team work, overcome conflicts,
solve problems, find back-up plans, and produce your story, we hope to
support journalists embarking on a cross-border project. You can get a
sneak preview *here
<https://n-ost.us16.list-manage.com/track/click?u=06f3108e3be3e81fb1fc057a0&id=2169af6cf5&e=58eaead42b>*!

It is important to note that this playbook is *far from complete*:
cross-border collaboration is an increasingly dynamic and complex
journalistic discipline and we were unable to cover everything about it.
Instead, this playbook aims to serve as a useful resource for
journalists interested in learning from the experience of other
cross-border journalists.

We look forward to an engaging presentation & discussion!

*Border-crossing greetings,
Yours Cross-Border Editorial Team*

/This playbook is an initiative of _n-ost_
<https://n-ost.us16.list-manage.com/track/click?u=06f3108e3be3e81fb1fc057a0&id=00fd141e79&e=58eaead42b>
and celebrates a great number of cross-border projects that have been
completed by fellows of their _Reporters in the Field grant_
<https://n-ost.us16.list-manage.com/track/click?u=06f3108e3be3e81fb1fc057a0&id=2d5d53216a&e=58eaead42b>
in the last five years. The playbook’s concept and design are a result
of a collaboration with the Dutch investigative journalism platform
_Argos_
<https://n-ost.us16.list-manage.com/track/click?u=06f3108e3be3e81fb1fc057a0&id=d4e1f893c5&e=58eaead42b>’
Ties Gijzel to create them together with Dimitris & Maria (_Loonatiks_
<https://n-ost.us16.list-manage.com/track/click?u=06f3108e3be3e81fb1fc057a0&id=0dbc2790c3&e=58eaead42b>)
and _Yannick Gregoire_
<https://n-ost.us16.list-manage.com/track/click?u=06f3108e3be3e81fb1fc057a0&id=e68cf635a8&e=58eaead42b>.
Special thanks to our partners _Arena for Journalism_
<https://n-ost.us16.list-manage.com/track/click?u=06f3108e3be3e81fb1fc057a0&id=0bc3858820&e=58eaead42b>,
_Hostwriter_
<https://n-ost.us16.list-manage.com/track/click?u=06f3108e3be3e81fb1fc057a0&id=75171505cc&e=58eaead42b>,
_Investigate Europe_
<https://n-ost.us16.list-manage.com/track/click?u=06f3108e3be3e81fb1fc057a0&id=c08b823c25&e=58eaead42b>,
_BIRN & BIRD_
<https://n-ost.us16.list-manage.com/track/click?u=06f3108e3be3e81fb1fc057a0&id=d2068505c4&e=58eaead42b>,
_Are We Europe_
<https://n-ost.us16.list-manage.com/track/click?u=06f3108e3be3e81fb1fc057a0&id=467811729f&e=58eaead42b>,
_IPI_
<https://n-ost.us16.list-manage.com/track/click?u=06f3108e3be3e81fb1fc057a0&id=96ac4959cc&e=58eaead42b>,
the _European Journalism Centre_
<https://n-ost.us16.list-manage.com/track/click?u=06f3108e3be3e81fb1fc057a0&id=0dd8b38fe4&e=58eaead42b>,
and, last but not least, / /Liviu Barbulescu for the animations and
videos, as well as/ /Ana Lankes and Marjolein Koster for their editorial
support./

Facebook
<https://n-ost.us16.list-manage.com/track/click?u=06f3108e3be3e81fb1fc057a0&id=473239ee34&e=58eaead42b>

Twitter