[FoME] Open Culture Feminist Cafe with Rosebell Kagumire, Wednesday Sept 18, 18.00

stephen kovats kovats at openculture.agency
Di Sep 17 08:03:56 CEST 2019

Liebe/r FoME Kolleg/Innen,

wie kurz beim BMZ erwähnt haben wir die Ehre die Aktivistin und
Bloggerin Rosebell Kagumire bei uns als Gast morgen für eine
#FeministCafe zu haben. Wir laden Sie bei unsere HQ in
Berlin-Charlottenburg hierzu herzlichst ein!

beste Grüße,

Stephen

Our 2nd Feminist café is on! We will be hosting Rosebell Kagumire from
Uganda, a journalist, and editor for African Feminism
http://africanfeminism.com/
<http://africanfeminism.com/?fbclid=IwAR2A5Nh5rrnAEkKNkuJZW_7NRswD6_ngvm3ZKvJucGpd-4q5Fjl7vsh7yeE>.
Rosebell will discuss pan-African feminist mobilization in the Internet
age and how access to the Internet has connected young Africans in new
ways that were previously not possible. New and old forms of expression
are converging led by young African women building on the resistance
work of many African women to push and expand rights.

Join us to learn more about Rosebell’s experiences on how online spaces
and digital technologies have impacted the African feminist’s movement
building and strengthened their resistance against surveillance and
censorship in the region.

Event time & Location

Wednesday, September 18, 2019
Venue: Open Culture office: Knobelsdorffstr. 22, 14059 Berlin
Speaker: Rosebell Kagumire
Moderated by: Heba Y. Amin.
Entrance: Free
Doors will be open at 6:00 pm & discussion begins at 6:30 pm.
Snacks & drinks will be provided

Our guest speaker; Rosebell Kagumire is a pan-African feminist writer,
socio-political analyst, and award-winning blogger. She is currently the
curator and editor of African Feminism- AF, a platform that documents
narratives and experiences of African women on the continent and in the
diaspora. Rosebell has expertise in media, gender, peace and conflict
issues. Her writing appears in major media like The Guardian, Al
Jazeera, and Quartz. In 2018 she received the Anna Guèye Award for her
work on digital democracy, justice and equality by Africtivistes. The
World Economic Forum recognized Rosebell as one of the Young Global
Leaders under the age of 40. She has lived in Costa Rica, Ethiopia, and
Switzerland. You can find her on Twitter @RosebellK

Our feminist cafè moderator Heba Y. Amin is an Egyptian artist and
scholar. Amin teaches at Bard College Berlin, is a doctorate fellow in
art history at Freie Universität, and a current Field of Vision fellow
in NYC. She is the co-founder of the Black Athena Collective, the
curator of visual art for the MIZNA journal (US), and co-curator for the
biennial residency program DEFAULT with Ramdom Association (IT). Please
follow the link to learn more about Heba Y. Amin
https://www.hebaamin.com/
<https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.hebaamin.com%2F%3Ffbclid%3DIwAR3yKaV6VWfDV45zLTPCeT2eM69WSSisYmoQ7Hyl2azxjDESK697-E6DMww&h=AT2I-nnrszfqYCksur6REuJfKFnZ6cTH6iJl1pYG5Xsq1xkCfxUTFKDTr7Ebsy177wlpeom1sQB5SMOswxJ3QToCNCgSblHcNtju39E8N-9oRqdpHj436d4PDCDITEJrorfbFHg7qw>

r0g_agency for open culture and critical transformation gGmbH

Knobelsdorffstr. 22
14059 Berlin

+49 170 5887806
openculture.agency
tweet @intertwilight

#DefyHateNow / #DoDevDif / #peacehackcamp / #OSJUBA / #ASKotec / #Tech4Life

'We choose to do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard"
JFK, Rice University, 1961