[FoME] Publication "BRICS and their Evolving Role in Developing Media Markets"

Kaesgen Christiane (Bosch-Stiftung) christiane.kaesgen at bosch-stiftung.de
Di Nov 18 11:17:54 CET 2014

Dear colleagues,

The "Forum Media and Development" just recently issued "Promoting Alternative Views in a Multipolar World: BRICS and their Evolving Role in Developing Media Markets".
The publication is the result of last year's FoME-Symposium, organized by the Robert Bosch Stiftung in Berlin, that illuminated the active role of BRICS in the field of global communications.

Global structures are shifting through "hard factors" like economic or military power but also by interpreting world affairs. With this publication as a follow-up on the symposium, we aim to deepen the debate about the activities of the global players in international media markets and the further implications also for media assistance of Western organizations.

The publication is available online and may be downloaded here: http://fome.info/publications

Printed copies are available upon request.

We would like to sincerely thank all authors and editors for their contribution to this conference report and wish you an informative inspiring read!

Christiane Käsgen

Projektleiterin / Program Officer
Journalistenprogramme / Journalism Programs
Völkerverständigung Europa und seine Nachbarn
International Relations Europe and its Neighbours

Robert Bosch Stiftung GmbH
Heidehofstr. 31
70184 Stuttgart
Tel: +49 (0)711/460 84-684
Fax: +49 (0) 711/460 84-10684
christiane.kaesgen at bosch-stiftung.de
www.bosch-stiftung.de
Postfach 10 06 28
70005 Stuttgart
Robert Bosch Stiftung GmbH, Sitz: Stuttgart, Registergericht: Amtsgericht Stuttgart, HRB 109, Geschäftsführung: Dr. Ingrid Hamm, Prof. Dr. Joachim Rogall